Below are simple suggestion to install your glass splashback
- Check that all components are present.
- Ensure that you have all tools to hand.
TOOLS (NOT INCLUDED)
- Sealant gun
- Silicone sealant
- Tape Measure
Only use Low Modular Neutral Cure Silicone (BS 5889 A)
- Packing shim (spacers) 2mm thick.
- Fit the splashback / upstands directly onto a hob or work surface ‐ use spacers.
- Place the splashback / upstands on its edge or on any hard surface during the fitting process.
- Use the product until the silicone has cured.
Unfitted glass is fragile. Do not place on hard surfaces prior to fitting. Special care should be taken with the corners of the product as impact will cause the product to crack.
FITTING STEPS – SPLASHBACKS
1. Check the dimensions initally.
2. Surface that splashback is being applied to must be non porous, dry and dust free.
3. Hold up the back of the splashback to the worktop/wall to checkfit. Use the spacers to achieve a good fit.
4. Place the bottom edge of the splashback on the spacers, then push the splashback to the worktop/wall and apply firm pressure evenly over the whote surface area. Ensure that a 2 mm space is left. After couple of hours remove the spacers.
5. Seal the edges of the splashback with a bead of silicone sealant not less than 2.5 mm in thinkness.
6. Complete the surrounding wall covering.